Event: Bark For Life 2015
Location: Speech House, Coleford, Gloucestershire
Date: Sunday 1st November 2015
Cost: £7 Adults, £3 Children (under 18’s)
Payments accepted by PayPal and by ChequeThis is your official invitation to take part in Bark For Life – a walk around the beautiful Royal Forest of Dean raising funds for Cancer Research UK
The walk starts and finishes from Speech House, set in the heart of the forest and is 5km long. Registration fees are as follows:
£7 – Adult + Dog
£5 – Additional Adults
£3 – Child (under 18s)
£3 – Additional Dogs
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
This includes refreshments after the walk
This walk is suitable for all ages and wheelchairs users and pushchairs.
Bark For Life is a fundraising event honouring the life-long contributions of our canine friends. Dogs are wonderful companions and those of us who are dog owners will know the joy of walking and caring for a dog, however the personal benefits of owning a dog are numerous, including:
- Regular dog walking improves fitness levels
- Patting/stroking a dog helps to reduce stress, lowers your blood pressure and your chance of cardiovascular disease
- Children with dogs tend to have better self-esteem
- Owning a dog can help improve loneliness and also help recover from personal trauma – such as a lost loved one
- Playing with your dog can elevate your levels of serotonin and dopamine – making you feel good and calm.
What happens at a Bark For Life event?
At Bark For Life, dogs and their owners pay to take part in a 5k walk around the beautiful Forest of Dean – other family members are also welcome but the emphasis is on our canine friends as it is for these who sponsorship/donations to beat cancer will be obtained! On the day there will be:
- Doggie games
- Top dog & fancy dress contest
- Music and Refreshments
Bark For Life is a chance to spend a few hours with family, friends and your beloved dog in the great outdoors whilst raising those essential funds to research all 200+ cancers.